Read about the life and work of the Attingham Wardens

Attingham Park is a National Trust property comprising of an 18th Century mansion set in a Repton landscape; the Park and wider Estate includes a deer park, walled garden, several miles of the rivers Severn and Tern, extensive farmland and woodlands.



Thursday 5 July 2012

There's a war on you know!

This weekend Attingham goes back in time to the 1940's for a weekend of wartime music, drama, history, machinery, food and costume. Bob will be giving guided walks around some of the parts of the park that were particularly active during the war (and he has a special costume, so I'm told!). In fact, there will also be free entry to the grounds and mansion for visitors that come wearing full 1940's costume, so dress up and join in! ID cards will be given out and stamped on arrival...

I'm a bit disappointed that I can't join in this year but I have booked myself onto a weekend course about dragonflies and damselflies to improve my knowledge, so look out for a dragonfly event at some point in the future. I will be brushing up on my identification of species and ideal habitats, and hoping to dodge the forecasted rain!

A male Broad-bodied Chaser pausing beside the Mile Meadow pond in 2010


No comments:

Post a Comment